Renewal by Andersen of Los Angeles is not only concerned about ensuring you have the best replacement windows and doors experience possible, they also want you to be able to manage your space as well. That takes knowledge and something we have extensive experience with. For example, the proper use of blinds. If you follow these simple tips you can ensure years of easy, smooth operation of your Los Angeles window blinds:
- Be sure that you allow your blinds to acclimate to your home for best performance. There are many factors that can affect their use like air pressure, altitude and temperature can all contribute to how long it takes for them to acclimate. In many cases this is about 24 hours.
- To get the proper position slide the operator both up and down so that you can find a position that is the desired height. The blinds themselves will have a separate tilt control. It is important that you slide this to tilt the slats in a position and angle that is desirable.
- Be certain that the surface of the glass is clean so that your blinds will be able to operate with ease. Glass that is dirty potentially can impede movement and require more force to change. Make sure to always raise the blinds only when they are tilted in the open position.
- Some blinds will raise and lower by way of magnets. When attempting to raise and lower and the operator comes loose from the glass, you will not be able to operate the blind. This will mean that the magnets have become disconnected. If this happens it is a simple fix. Simply side up the operator until it can no longer move. You will hear a second clicking sound which will be the magnets re-engaging.
- If you find that the raising and lowering operator has come off track it will need to be reinstalled. This can be done by holding the glass so that you can reinsert the legs under the track opening. You will then need to follow the previous instructions for re-engaging the magnets.
- It is also a good idea to never attempt to operate blinds until they are positioned upright. Failure to do so may result in damage to the blinds.
Renewal by Andersen of Los Angeles recognizes that there are countless styles and functions customers are looking for and we are hear to help you make your dreams come true. We have a wide variety of replacement windows and doors to choose from and we can also help guide you to help you accomplish what you are envisioning. We encourage you to contact us here at Renewal by Andersen of Los Angeles to learn more about replacement windows. Give us a call at 310-734-5554 or visit our Contact Us page to schedule a free, no obligation in-home estimate for new windows in Los Angeles.